Friday, October 7, 2011
Flint Chapter 8
One thing I really connected with in this chapter was the story in the beginning with the boys that seemed to be off task while the teacher was running reading workshops. Instead of trying to avert the boys' attention back to what they were "supposed" to be reading, she connected with them and had them explain the reading that was holding their interest. She allowed them to continue with the type of text that most excited them and allowed them to express their creativity. I thought this was a wonderful way to handle the situation. Not only were the boys using literacy skills, but they were having fun doing it and they even influenced others in the class to do the same. This is what I want for my future classroom! I want literacy to be fun and enjoyable, and something the students may not even realize they are working on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment